The start of spring means that DC restaurants, bars, makers, and businesses are gearing up for new menus, new products, and new locations. And that means Dim Sum Media needs a Social Media & Events Intern.
Do you pick up new apps and programs quickly? Do you have a strong understanding of social media trends, but seek to refine your skills? Do you strive to be a cheerleader for DC's growing culinary community and enjoy finding new ways to tell stories? If this sounds like you, you're probably what we're looking for.
Dim Sum Media rejects the corny and calculated in favor of sincerely good strategy, good storytelling, and good food. Our clients are the best at what they do. Oftentimes, they are the first of their kind in our city, bearing the standard while championing community and collaboration. We don't work with anyone we don't love. We don't do fluff. We don't do trends. Still with us? Great.
This position's main responsibilities:
- writing copy and scheduling social media for 4 to 6 restaurant accounts
- managing event logistics for client events and dim sum media events
- occasional client website maintenance (updating menus, galleries, event listings)
- occasionally assisting on photo shoots
- work on email campaigns
In this position, you will:
- become proficient in social media scheduling and analytics tools that are industry-wide standard
- learn about translating brand identity to social media copy
- learn email marketing essentials, like A-B testing
- be introduced to Facebook advertising and other social media advertising tools
- gain experience in running client events and press events
- attend new media classes/workshops/events
- enjoy some of the best food and drink in DC
- hang out with Bruno, nap champ and general morale booster.
This is a paid position based in Washington, DC that requires 12 to 15 office hours a week, and your presence at one client event a week. Applicants should be available to start as early as April 24th (but we can be flexible on the start date if we're absolutely in love with you).
If this position interests you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume as an attachment.