It's increasingly common for restaurants and business to task a manager, a host, or a chef with maintaining their social media presence, and Instagram has become an important and effective way to reach guests and drive traffic. However, there's so much more to it than snapping a picture of a pretty dish! The goal of this workshop is to help the FOH and BOH staff who run these accounts to make the most of free or nearly free resources on their smartphones.
This class is co-hosted by Kandis Smith, a baker at Little Red Fox who is responsible for their fantastic social media presence (and their prettiest pies). Kandis and the LRF team will provide the class with various small dishes and props for photo practice -- and of course, snacking.
In this two and a half hour long workshop, you'll learn how to:
- Take better photos with your smartphone.
- Stage a strong photo with simple items
- Create a consistent brand narrative
- Use free or almost free editing applications
- Schedule your post for high-traffic times
- Utilize free applications and services to analyze your IG post performance
- And enjoy some great bites from Little Red Fox while doing all of the above
This workshop is limited to 12 students, so jump on those tickets!